Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sledding Fun with the Bachman Family

We had such a good time with the Bachman family while they were here. It has been such a long time since we were able to fellowship with visitors like that. We did not know that they were coming to the church until they were there on Sunday night. During one of the congregational songs Chad came down from the platform and told me that he was thinking of inviting them to stay with us. He told me to think about it. During the invitation he looked and me and said, "What do you think?" My reply? "Whatever you want." I am not normally so easy to get along with, but I have been trying to work on my submission and reverence. ;) So...they all came and spent two nights with us. It was very busy but very fun!

One of the funniest moments was when I overheard Brian talking to Bro. Bachman.
Brian - "You remember all their names?!"
Bro. Bachman - "Well, I try to!"
Brian just couldn't believe that even their own dad would be able to keep them all straight. (If you are not familiar with the Bachman family, they have 13 children.)

Derek
Brian with one of them (right now I can't remember) :)
Joseph

Derek and Tyler being pulled by Daddy


Notice the tear in the corner of Tyler's eye

Sweet Elisabeth
Budge

Bro. Bachman, Sandra, and Lauren


Elisabeth, Amanda, and either Carrie or Christina
Lauren
Ben


3 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun Amanda! I've never met the family, but didn't they just recently arrive in America for a furlough? How nice that they could stay with you for a couple of nights. Thanks for the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    How special for you to host the Bachman family...Your young ones are looking so big. I am enjoying looking through your blog. I like the blessings blog also.
    lv-mrs. musser

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this awhile ago, but am just now making time to come back and comment. I would LOVE to spend some time with the Bachman's. How fun for you and your family (and good for you for being flexible enough to join your husband's invitation).
    How are you feeling? Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message!