Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Small Boy's Hand

I know that it's out of focus, but the picture was so cute to me. Lauren was dipping pretzel sticks in warm cream cheese, and Tyler stuck his hand right down in the bowl. He didn't taste any of it, but he had so much fun squishing it together before I realized what had happened. I am so in love with that little guy!

I think of all the joy and love that he has brought to our home, and I realize that had I not surrendered myself to God's will, then Tyler wouldn't be here today. Growing up, my life's verse(s) were Romans 12:1-2, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." I had no idea as a teenager that presenting my body a living sacrifice would be through carrying and birthing many children.

Folks will sometimes make different comments to me and Chad, some nice, some not so nice. A few weeks ago, he looked at me out of the blue on the way home from a date and said, "There's one difference between us and people who don't have many children. We know what we're "missing out" on, but they have no idea what they're missing! He's right. Sure, having a "large" family is much work, but I never have to be lonely again. I spent so much time as a child lonely. There was no one to play a game with or go bike riding with or just act silly with. Now, at any given time, I have 3 or 4 people ready to do something with me. It's great!

I'm thankful that God has allowed us to have these children. We are truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I love that sweet little hand covered in warm cheese! I agree, it's nice to never be lonely and I think we will grow to appreciate that so much more as we grow older. What a blessing our children are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message!