Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Blog

I have created a new blog today. You are welcome to look if you would like, but I have to "warn" you that it won't be very exciting. At least not to the average person. I have added it to my sidebar at the top, and it is entitled, "My Daily Cornucopia of Blessings." In the last few days I have heard of several tragedies and difficult situations that people are going through: a mother with placenta previa that could become quite dangerous to her health, a friend who cannot feel his feet due to a broken back, a mother who lost her young child, a young couple who found their son blue in his crib, an expecting mother who found out her son will be born with little to no skull and brain. These are all such difficult situations.

When I was a teenager, whenever I would feel sorry for myself about something, God would always allow someone less fortunate than myself to cross my path. Perhaps I would see a teenager at the mall in a wheelchair. Whatever it was, it would be something very obvious to me.

It is so easy sometimes to be self-absorbed in the day-to-day duties of being a wife and mother that I forget to look beyond the here and now. I forget to look at the trials that others are experiencing. I even forget to look at the blessings in my day-to-day life.

This new blog is dedicated solely to my daily blessings. I want to focus on the little everyday occurences that should not be taken for granted. A sweet little head leaning on my shoulder. The patting of a soft, warm baby hand on my back while he's nursing. The half smile of a nursing child. My husbands hands on my hips as I walk up the steps. Three boys curled up in the same bed in the morning. Toothpaste on the sink. Big snowflakes falling outside my window. An Oreck canister vac at Goodwill for $7.99 that I have waited 12 years to find.

The little things make up the majority of our lives. They are the threads of yarn that crochet the blanket of tomorrow. I don't want to miss them. I want to capture and savor every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a message!