Monday, October 6, 2008

Thank You, Lord

I have spent the last week singing the words, "I just want to thank you, Lord. I just want to thank you, Lord. For everything You've given me, thank you, Lord." I wake up singing that song, I sing it throughout my day, I hum it while I'm getting ready for bed. I am constantly singing this song of thankfulness. I wish I could say that I sing it so often because my heart is constantly full of thanksgiving; but, alas, that is not the case. I have to admit that sometimes my heart is full of unthankfulness. How can I not be grateful when I have so many good things around me? I want to list some of the wonderful things God has done for me for which I am grateful:



1. My home (which is warm in these brisk autumn days)

2. My hubby (who is loaded with patience and wakes up each day with enough forgiveness in his

heart for whatever wrong I might do him)

3. Elisabeth Joy - who helps me so much around the house

4. Chad, IV - one of the hardest working 10 year olds I know

5. Brian Michael - my sensitive one

6. Meagan Judith - our little drama queen who daily reminds us of her Grandma who has been in heaven for 10 years now

7. Lauren Arlene - our spunky, determined one

8. Derek Conrad - my daily joy and challenge all at the same time :)

9. Tyler Gregory - the one who lifts my burdens with a simple look of sheer pleasure at seeing his mama

10. A front-loading washer and dryer

11. My Little Passenger Seat for the back of my Yukon XL that gives us seating for 10 instead of 7!

12. Flowers in my yard

13. A yard

14. The beautiful colors of fall

15. A full refrigerator, pantry, and freezer (isn't God good?)

16. An up-to-date mortgage! (In these hard times, what a blessing indeed!)

17. The convenience of a dishwasher

18. My church and the ability to serve in it

19. My salvation and the ability to witness

20. A fireplace that makes the nights cozier



I know that there are not many people who follow my new blog, and that is okay, but if you happen to read this post, please comment by listing some of the things for which you are thankful. We have so much to be thankful for. Let's spend the entire month leading up to Thanksgiving thanking the Lord for His bountiful blessings.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,
    I am so thankful you have done this blog! My kids are enjoying seeing the pictures of their friends. I am also enjoying hearing what is going on in your lives. We sure miss getting together with your family.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    How good to hear from you! So glad that the kids are able to look at the pictures and things! We have also mised getting together with your family as well. Can't wait to see you all when you come home!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a message!